Sunday, May 10, 2009

SG TRIATHLON, I MEAN DuATHLON

Clear skies and warm temperatures made it seem as if the day was going to be perfect for a triathlon. But winds from the north had other ideas and made it hard for the safety crews to stay in position on the water. Run-Bike-Run was the new race for the day. 2 hours and 6 minutes later I crossed the finish line 14th place out of the 60 competitors. I felt great on the tt bike and pushed my avg speed to above 20mph. The run was fine but difficult in the sand. I just pushed on with my avg pace. The first mile into the run took a minute for the body to kick in but after a water station and gu I felt pretty good.
If triathlon entry fees continue to increase (near 100 dollars for this one)I only see myself doing maybe one a year. I may do more ICup mtb. races instead.
Even though it was dissapointing to not do an actual tri, It was still good to see friends. I hope AJ has recovered and Rico has found his walking muscles again.
By this time the winds went elsewhere and people were swimming the course. Oh well.

2 comments:

Team Rico said...

That is what I like to here. More ICUP. You going to do Soldier Hollow this weekend

Bearonabike said...

I would like to however I am Supporting the wife at the Women of Steel.