Monday, September 17, 2007

Ogden tri

In education a 93 % will get you an "A" in most classes. So I look at my race on Saturday this way: I am one happy student if I can finish faster than 93% of the 538 tri geeks that came out for Saturdays triathlon at Pineview reservoir. A huge event for the sprint that has almost tripled in the last 3 years.
I was ready.... The swim started out nice as I felt like I was near the front until everyone seemed to collapse near the first bouy turn 300meters out. My goggles were fogged at that point so i was relying on instinct and other bodies around me to keep me on track. I had a fast transition to the bike and a fairly good bike split passing people is alot funner than being passed by them. Coming into t2 I had some trouble locating my spot to rack my bike....arrrggghhh and lost precious seconds running down two rows before I found it. I need a helium balloon next time. The run was an avg run for me at 8 min miles. I need to step that up a little more. In the end I came out 9th of 43 in age group and 38th of 538 over-all. Great over-all race!! We even had the best parking spot. I forgot to take pictures.

The bikes in the shop getting a makeover to see if I can save some seconds next week at Kokopelli. That is gonna be a long one.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I don't know how you do what you do..you must love this sport alot!
Where are the pictures of the kids? Maybe you need another blog for the family!