Saturday, June 16, 2007

101, fun in the sun, but No Gold Medal for 5th?

The time had finally arrived for my attempt to add another gold medal to my first from the 2004 Summer Games Triathlon. It was a picture perfect day for a triathlon at Sand Hollow and man was I prepared!! well at least in one area called the bike where I time trialed to my best cruising 2:30 faster than 2 years previous. (I owe that to Team Rico). However, I sometimes forget that triathlon training requires more than a one time in the last month jog around the neighborhood with the dogs and a few quick laps at the pool with the kids. When it was all said and done 1:20:01 later, I was still 1:09 faster than 2004. I didn't win a gold, silver or bronze. I finished 5th(age group) where most athletes hate to finish, just out of reach of the top three by 1:22. I had a blast as usual and I'll I can say is "Watch out Kokopelli, Tri training begins tommorrow, ok maybe in a few days, ok maybe next week. Oh well, Maybe I'll just ride my bike and keep chasing the kids around at the pool!!. that's training".

1 comment:

Team Rico said...

good work pal. I'll get to training for a tri one day so I can keep up with you again. Nice work on the blog, let me know if you need anyhthing