Sunday, November 18, 2007

Desert Running and Afternoon Riding

I was convinced to get out of bed on a Saturday to go run in the desert with the Desert Rat running crew. I am glad I did. They have a new route out near a mtn bike trail that I have yet to ride called "church rocks". The sun was still below the horizon as we started our 7 mile out and back run. The sunrise over Zions off in the distance was amazing and we could see Sand Hollow reservoir peaking just over a ridge. We take our dogs and often the dogs outnumber humans on these runs. They are in puppy paradise especially for huskies that love to run. The geology and rock features are amazing and tell some kind of geologic story.
That afternoon I hooked up with the owners of Sunset Cycles for a road ride out to Kayenta. It's funny because they close up shop and lock their doors and go riding.

No comments: